April 27, 2014
- Mizzou now trails the all-time series with Florida, 2-10, and has lost five of the last six in the series.
- Sunday's game was Mizzou's fourth extra-inning contest in its last eight games. The Tigers are now 1-4 in extra-inning contests this season.
- Redshirt senior Eric Anderson reached base on an error to open the ballgame, the 21st time in 30 games as a leadoff hitter that he has reached base to open a ball game.
- Senior Dillon Everett hit in the three-hole for the second time this season and the first time since opening day. He tallied a double in the fifth, giving him three on the season and two in the series. He had just one double this season heading into the series and none in SEC play.
- Anderson lined a double into left field in the top of the second inning to plate a pair of runs, his fifth and sixth two-out RBIs of the season, third-best on the team.
- Mizzou chased Florida starter Danny Young after just 1.2 innings, his shortest start of the season and his shortest outing since April 5 at Kentucky.
- Kendall Keeton tallied his team-best 14th multi-hit game this season with a single to CF in the fourth inning. It is his first multi-hit game since April 11 at Kentucky. He finished the game with three hits, his third three-hit game of the season.
- Mizzou tallied nine double plays in the final two games of the Florida series, matching the number of double plays that Mizzou had turned in its last eight games combined.
- John Miles threw first-pitch strikes to just one of the first eight batters he faced and Florida scored all three runs in that span. After that, Miles settled in and threw first-pitch strikes to nine of the next 11 batters he faced as he faced the minimum over the third, fourth and fifth as Mizzou built its 5-3 lead. He threw first pitch strikes to 10 of the last 14 batters he faced before being chased in the sixth inning.
- After Keeton tallied his 14th multi-hit game earlier, Anderson followed suit with his second hit of the day in the sixth inning as he tied Keeton for the team-lead with 14 multi-hit games.
Brett Bond's Walk-Off Homer Backs Sensational...
Freshman Brett Bond (St. Louis, Mo.) hit his first career home run in the bottom of the ninth...
Mizzou Suffers First Loss of the Season at...
Mizzou baseball suffered its first setback of the season, falling to 4-1 on the year as Texas A&M...
Mizzou Baseball Takes Winning Streak to Corpus ...
At 4-0, Mizzou is off to its best start in more than a decade as it has won its first four...
Mizzou's McClain Earns SEC Pitcher of the...
Mizzou junior RHP Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) was named SEC Pitcher of the Week, as announced by...
Mizzou Baseball Completes Four-Game Sweep of Iona
Mizzou baseball is 4-0 for the first time since 2004 after completing its first four-game series ...
Mizzou Baseball Tops Iona, 6-3, in Game Three...
In cold conditions at the USA Baseball Complex, Mizzou baseball defeated Iona, 6-3, in game three...
McClain Pitches Mizzou Baseball Past Iona in...
Junior righty Reggie McClain tossed 8.0 shutout innings, striking out a career-high 10 as he...
Mizzou Baseball Opens 2015 with Walk-Off Win...
Mizzou baseball rallied from down, 3-0, to a 4-3 walk-off win over Iona in the team's season...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP