April 27, 2014
- Mizzou now trails the all-time series with Florida, 2-10, and has lost five of the last six in the series.
- Sunday's game was Mizzou's fourth extra-inning contest in its last eight games. The Tigers are now 1-4 in extra-inning contests this season.
- Redshirt senior Eric Anderson reached base on an error to open the ballgame, the 21st time in 30 games as a leadoff hitter that he has reached base to open a ball game.
- Senior Dillon Everett hit in the three-hole for the second time this season and the first time since opening day. He tallied a double in the fifth, giving him three on the season and two in the series. He had just one double this season heading into the series and none in SEC play.
- Anderson lined a double into left field in the top of the second inning to plate a pair of runs, his fifth and sixth two-out RBIs of the season, third-best on the team.
- Mizzou chased Florida starter Danny Young after just 1.2 innings, his shortest start of the season and his shortest outing since April 5 at Kentucky.
- Kendall Keeton tallied his team-best 14th multi-hit game this season with a single to CF in the fourth inning. It is his first multi-hit game since April 11 at Kentucky. He finished the game with three hits, his third three-hit game of the season.
- Mizzou tallied nine double plays in the final two games of the Florida series, matching the number of double plays that Mizzou had turned in its last eight games combined.
- John Miles threw first-pitch strikes to just one of the first eight batters he faced and Florida scored all three runs in that span. After that, Miles settled in and threw first-pitch strikes to nine of the next 11 batters he faced as he faced the minimum over the third, fourth and fifth as Mizzou built its 5-3 lead. He threw first pitch strikes to 10 of the last 14 batters he faced before being chased in the sixth inning.
- After Keeton tallied his 14th multi-hit game earlier, Anderson followed suit with his second hit of the day in the sixth inning as he tied Keeton for the team-lead with 14 multi-hit games.
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Mizzou Baseball Opens Fall World Series Wednesday
Mizzou baseball will open its annual Fall World Series tomorrow (Oct. 8) at Taylor Stadium at 6 p...
Mizzou Baseball Hires Hunter Mense as Hitting...
Mizzou head baseball coach Tim Jamieson has announced that Mizzou graduate and former Tiger All-A...
Mizzou Baseball's Recruiting Class Ranks...
The Mizzou baseball program has the nation's No. 31 recruiting class as Collegiate Baseball...
Lester, Bone Win Respective Summer Leagues
Two Mizzou baseball players - Josh Lester (Columbus, Ga.) and Logan Bone (Festus, Mo. - won...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP