April 27, 2014
- Mizzou now trails the all-time series with Florida, 2-10, and has lost five of the last six in the series.
- Sunday's game was Mizzou's fourth extra-inning contest in its last eight games. The Tigers are now 1-4 in extra-inning contests this season.
- Redshirt senior Eric Anderson reached base on an error to open the ballgame, the 21st time in 30 games as a leadoff hitter that he has reached base to open a ball game.
- Senior Dillon Everett hit in the three-hole for the second time this season and the first time since opening day. He tallied a double in the fifth, giving him three on the season and two in the series. He had just one double this season heading into the series and none in SEC play.
- Anderson lined a double into left field in the top of the second inning to plate a pair of runs, his fifth and sixth two-out RBIs of the season, third-best on the team.
- Mizzou chased Florida starter Danny Young after just 1.2 innings, his shortest start of the season and his shortest outing since April 5 at Kentucky.
- Kendall Keeton tallied his team-best 14th multi-hit game this season with a single to CF in the fourth inning. It is his first multi-hit game since April 11 at Kentucky. He finished the game with three hits, his third three-hit game of the season.
- Mizzou tallied nine double plays in the final two games of the Florida series, matching the number of double plays that Mizzou had turned in its last eight games combined.
- John Miles threw first-pitch strikes to just one of the first eight batters he faced and Florida scored all three runs in that span. After that, Miles settled in and threw first-pitch strikes to nine of the next 11 batters he faced as he faced the minimum over the third, fourth and fifth as Mizzou built its 5-3 lead. He threw first pitch strikes to 10 of the last 14 batters he faced before being chased in the sixth inning.
- After Keeton tallied his 14th multi-hit game earlier, Anderson followed suit with his second hit of the day in the sixth inning as he tied Keeton for the team-lead with 14 multi-hit games.
Aaron Crow Earns Save on Mizzou Night at The K
Former Mizzou baseball standout and current Kansas City Royals reliever Aaron Crow picked up his ...
Mizzou Notebook - Summer Ball Update
As we approach the final weeks of summer ball, Mizzou baseball players have made been making...
Mizzou in the Minors
While Mizzou baseball is busy with summer camps and workouts, they are also keeping an eye on...
Mizzou Baseball Announces 20th Bullpen Scramble
The Mizzou baseball program will host the 20th annual Tiger Bullpen Scramble on Friday, Sept. 12,...
Mizzou Baseball Announces Hitting Experience
Mizzou baseball has announced the Mizzou Hitting Experience, a brand new competitive learning...
Mizzou's Scherzer Earns MLB All-Star Game Win
A year after starting the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and winning the American League Cy ...
Former Mizzou Standout Kinsler Named AL All-Star
Former Mizzou baseball standout Ian Kinsler has been named to the American League All-Star Game...
Tigers in the Pros: July 11
Mizzou alumni have performed very well in the last week of play around the MLB. Max Scherzer...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP