April 22, 2014
- After being shut down with elbow issues last year, Tuesday was Alec Rash's first start since April 30, 2013, against Southeast Missouri State. Rash threw 4.0 innings for the Tigers, allowing three runs on four hits with a walk and a strikeout. It was his longest outing since March 23, 2013, at Tennessee.
- Tuesday was the second time this season Eric Anderson has batted in the second spot. Previous was April 5 against Georgia.
- Dylan Kelly has reached base safely in the last 17 games with an RBI single in the sixth, his longest streak of the season and the longest active streak by a Tiger. He added a hit in the eighth, good for his 12th multi-hit game this season, second-best on the team.
- Dillon Everett laced a two-out double in the bottom of the second inning. It drove in Lester from first base for Everett's sixth two-out RBI this season, tied for third-best on the team.
- In the last 21 games since returning to the lineup, Logan Pearson is hitting a team-best .348 with seven extra-base hits (six doubles, one triple) and is reaching base at a .456 clip in that span. He has 26 hits in his last 21 games.
- Ryan Phillips retired the Shockers in the fifth inning in just five pitches and just four pitches in the seventh. Phillip tossed 11 out of 11 first pitch strikes and 12 out of 19 of his total pitches for strikes. Over his last 6.2 innings, Phillips has allowed just four hits.
- Mizzou scored on a wild pitch for its second run, coming in the sixth inning. It was the third time in four games that Mizzou has scored on a wild pitch.
- Ryan Howard had a career-high three walks in Tuesday's game, walking in each of his first three plate appearances.
- Tuesday's extra-inning affair marked the third time in four games that Mizzou has played extra frames.
- Dylan Everett's walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th was the first walk-off hit since Ben Turner versus High Point on March 16, 2012.
No. 18 Tigers Drop Midweek Contest to UALR
No. 18 Mizzou (24-13, 10-5) baseball began a five-game home stand on Tuesday afternoon (April 14)...
No. 18 Mizzou Opens Five-Game Homestand Tuesday...
Mizzou and UALR have met just twice in history with the two teams splitting the meetings. ...
No. 23 Mizzou Takes Series at Tennessee With 10...
Junior righty Peter Fairbanks (St. Louis, Mo.) struck out a career-high 11 batters in 7.0 innings...
No. 23 Mizzou Evens Series on Rocky Top with 8-...
Jack Klages (St. Louis, Mo.) and Jake Ring (Ingleside, Ill.) each picked up three-run hits in a...
No. 23 Mizzou Drops Series Opener at Tennessee,...
No. 23 Mizzou dropped its series opener to Tennessee, 5-2, on Thursday night (April 9) at Lindsey...
Tanner Houck Named to Golden Spikes Award Watch...
Mizzou freshman righty Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) has been named to the Golden Spikes...
No. 23 Mizzou Heads to Rocky Top For Three...
Following Mizzou's first series win over a top-five team since 2008, Tim Jamieson's Tigers...
Mizzou Baseball Ranked in Four of the Major Top...
Fresh off of a series win over then No. 4 Florida, Mizzou baseball has found itself ranked among ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP