April 22, 2014
- After being shut down with elbow issues last year, Tuesday was Alec Rash's first start since April 30, 2013, against Southeast Missouri State. Rash threw 4.0 innings for the Tigers, allowing three runs on four hits with a walk and a strikeout. It was his longest outing since March 23, 2013, at Tennessee.
- Tuesday was the second time this season Eric Anderson has batted in the second spot. Previous was April 5 against Georgia.
- Dylan Kelly has reached base safely in the last 17 games with an RBI single in the sixth, his longest streak of the season and the longest active streak by a Tiger. He added a hit in the eighth, good for his 12th multi-hit game this season, second-best on the team.
- Dillon Everett laced a two-out double in the bottom of the second inning. It drove in Lester from first base for Everett's sixth two-out RBI this season, tied for third-best on the team.
- In the last 21 games since returning to the lineup, Logan Pearson is hitting a team-best .348 with seven extra-base hits (six doubles, one triple) and is reaching base at a .456 clip in that span. He has 26 hits in his last 21 games.
- Ryan Phillips retired the Shockers in the fifth inning in just five pitches and just four pitches in the seventh. Phillip tossed 11 out of 11 first pitch strikes and 12 out of 19 of his total pitches for strikes. Over his last 6.2 innings, Phillips has allowed just four hits.
- Mizzou scored on a wild pitch for its second run, coming in the sixth inning. It was the third time in four games that Mizzou has scored on a wild pitch.
- Ryan Howard had a career-high three walks in Tuesday's game, walking in each of his first three plate appearances.
- Tuesday's extra-inning affair marked the third time in four games that Mizzou has played extra frames.
- Dylan Everett's walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th was the first walk-off hit since Ben Turner versus High Point on March 16, 2012.
Mizzou's Scherzer Earns MLB All-Star Game Win
A year after starting the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and winning the American League Cy ...
Former Mizzou Standout Kinsler Named AL All-Star
Former Mizzou baseball standout Ian Kinsler has been named to the American League All-Star Game...
Tigers in the Pros: July 11
Mizzou alumni have performed very well in the last week of play around the MLB. Max Scherzer...
Mizzou Summerball Notebook
As the mid-season of the summer leagues has come and gone, Mizzou baseball players look to make...
Tigers in the Pros
Mizzou baseball currently has five pitchers in Major League baseball, tied for the second-most of...
Brett Graves Signs Professional Contract With...
After three seasons at the University of Missouri, hard throwing righty Brett Graves (St. Charles...
Anderson, Kelly Begin Pro Careers With CornBelters
Former Mizzou baseball standouts Eric Anderson (Highlands Ranch, Colo.) and Dylan Kelly (Roswell,...
Mizzou in the Minors
Yesterday, MUTigers.com took a look at what the current baseball Tigers are doing in summer ball ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP