April 13, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with UK, 4-3, and have won four of the last six meetings.
- The win improves Mizzou to 5-7 against ranked opponents this season. It is also Mizzou's second road series win over a ranked opponent this season. Before 2014, Mizzou had not accomplished that feat since 2009.
- The Tigers are now 4-7 in road games this season with all four wins coming against ranked opponents.
- Eric Anderson tallied a walk to leadoff the game. It was the 16th time in 24 games since moving to the leadoff spot that he has reached base in his first plate appearance.
- Anderson singled to lead off the fifth inning as well as he has now reached safely in 25-for-45 opportunities when leading off an inning.
- Anderson has now reached base safely in 10 consecutive games. He went 6-for-13 with two runs, five RBI, a double and a homer while totaling 10 total bases on the weekend. He also hit the game-winning, three-run homer on Friday night.
- On the mound, Anderson struck out 10 batters over 7.0 innings, allowing just three earned runs on nine hits. It was his second consecutive start with 10 or more Ks, giving him 22 over his last 16 innings. He is also the first Tiger since Rob Zastryzny on March 15, 2013, to strike out 10+ batters in back-to-back starts.
- Dylan Kelly tallied his 11th multi-hit game of the season after a one-out single in the seventh inning. He has now hit safely in seven consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger. He has also reached base safely in 12 straight, also the longest active streak by a Tiger.
- Kelly also singled in the ninth, giving him three hits on the day. Sunday was his team-leading fourth three-hit game of the season, a team-high. It was his first since March 11 against Alcorn State.
- Shane Segovia tallied a double in the third inning, snapping a streak of seven straight ABs without a hit. It was his fourth double in four games as he now has 12 extra-base hits this season.
- The Tigers tallied 10+ hits for the 13th time this season through 33 games. Last year, Mizzou needed 46 games to tally 10+ hits in 13 games.
- Keaton Steele tallied his ninth save of the season, tying him for the SEC lead. He is also just three saves back of the single season Mizzou record (12).
Aaron Crow Earns Save on Mizzou Night at The K
Former Mizzou baseball standout and current Kansas City Royals reliever Aaron Crow picked up his ...
Mizzou Notebook - Summer Ball Update
As we approach the final weeks of summer ball, Mizzou baseball players have made been making...
Mizzou in the Minors
While Mizzou baseball is busy with summer camps and workouts, they are also keeping an eye on...
Mizzou Baseball Announces 20th Bullpen Scramble
The Mizzou baseball program will host the 20th annual Tiger Bullpen Scramble on Friday, Sept. 12,...
Mizzou Baseball Announces Hitting Experience
Mizzou baseball has announced the Mizzou Hitting Experience, a brand new competitive learning...
Mizzou's Scherzer Earns MLB All-Star Game Win
A year after starting the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and winning the American League Cy ...
Former Mizzou Standout Kinsler Named AL All-Star
Former Mizzou baseball standout Ian Kinsler has been named to the American League All-Star Game...
Tigers in the Pros: July 11
Mizzou alumni have performed very well in the last week of play around the MLB. Max Scherzer...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP