April 11, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Kentucky 3-2 and was won three of the last four dating back to last season.
- The Tigers now have defeated four ranked teams and three of the wins over ranked teams have come in true road games. Mizzou is now 3-6 on the road this season with all three wins coming over ranked opponents.
- Mizzou is now a 10-3 in night games and 5-2 on Fridays.
- Fifth-year senior Eric Anderson led off the game with a double, marking the 14th time in 22 games that he has reached base to open a game since moving to the leadoff spot. Anderson has also reached in the first inning in 15 of the last 23 games. It was just the 12th double allowed by UK starter AJ Reed this season.
- Anderson tallied his second two-strike hit of the day as Mizzou regained the lead in the second. The single gives him nine multi-hit games on the season, second-best on the team.
- Dylan Kelly launched his second homer of the season in the top of the third. It was his first homer since Feb. 23 against Cincinnati, a span of 79 at-bats. It was Mizzou's first homer since Anderson launched a solo shot to lead off the game against SIU on April 1.
- Kelly has now reached base in 10 consecutive games and owns a five-game hitting streak, both of which are the longest such active streaks by the Tigers this season.
- Josh Lester has now reached base in nine consecutive games, the second-longest active streak by a Tiger.
- Ryan Howard's bases-loaded, two out single in the fifth inning gave Mizzou five runs in the game, snapping a streak of seven consecutive quality starts for UK starter AJ Reed. The two RBI for Howard match his total in the previous nine games combined. Howard tallied a pair of hits in the game, his sixth multi-hit game of the season.
- Austin Tribby pitched in the seventh inning, making his SEC-leading 21st appearance this season.
- Mizzou tallied 12 hits in the game, marking the 12th time this season that Mizzou has had 10+ hits in a game. Mizzou needed 45 games to have 12 10-hit games last season. They have played just 32 this year.
Triple Play Preserves Mizzou's 1-0 Win Over...
Mizzou baseball turned a bases-loaded, 5-2-3-2 triple play in the bottom of the sixth inning to...
Mizzou Homers Past Texas A&M Corpus Christi...
Mizzou baseball got homers from Brett Bond (St. Louis, Mo.) and Case Munson (St. Charles, Mo.)...
Brett Bond's Walk-Off Homer Backs Sensational...
Freshman Brett Bond (St. Louis, Mo.) hit his first career home run in the bottom of the ninth...
Mizzou Suffers First Loss of the Season at...
Mizzou baseball suffered its first setback of the season, falling to 4-1 on the year as Texas A&M...
Mizzou Baseball Takes Winning Streak to Corpus ...
At 4-0, Mizzou is off to its best start in more than a decade as it has won its first four...
Mizzou's McClain Earns SEC Pitcher of the...
Mizzou junior RHP Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) was named SEC Pitcher of the Week, as announced by...
Mizzou Baseball Completes Four-Game Sweep of Iona
Mizzou baseball is 4-0 for the first time since 2004 after completing its first four-game series ...
Mizzou Baseball Tops Iona, 6-3, in Game Three...
In cold conditions at the USA Baseball Complex, Mizzou baseball defeated Iona, 6-3, in game three...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP