April 11, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Kentucky 3-2 and was won three of the last four dating back to last season.
- The Tigers now have defeated four ranked teams and three of the wins over ranked teams have come in true road games. Mizzou is now 3-6 on the road this season with all three wins coming over ranked opponents.
- Mizzou is now a 10-3 in night games and 5-2 on Fridays.
- Fifth-year senior Eric Anderson led off the game with a double, marking the 14th time in 22 games that he has reached base to open a game since moving to the leadoff spot. Anderson has also reached in the first inning in 15 of the last 23 games. It was just the 12th double allowed by UK starter AJ Reed this season.
- Anderson tallied his second two-strike hit of the day as Mizzou regained the lead in the second. The single gives him nine multi-hit games on the season, second-best on the team.
- Dylan Kelly launched his second homer of the season in the top of the third. It was his first homer since Feb. 23 against Cincinnati, a span of 79 at-bats. It was Mizzou's first homer since Anderson launched a solo shot to lead off the game against SIU on April 1.
- Kelly has now reached base in 10 consecutive games and owns a five-game hitting streak, both of which are the longest such active streaks by the Tigers this season.
- Josh Lester has now reached base in nine consecutive games, the second-longest active streak by a Tiger.
- Ryan Howard's bases-loaded, two out single in the fifth inning gave Mizzou five runs in the game, snapping a streak of seven consecutive quality starts for UK starter AJ Reed. The two RBI for Howard match his total in the previous nine games combined. Howard tallied a pair of hits in the game, his sixth multi-hit game of the season.
- Austin Tribby pitched in the seventh inning, making his SEC-leading 21st appearance this season.
- Mizzou tallied 12 hits in the game, marking the 12th time this season that Mizzou has had 10+ hits in a game. Mizzou needed 45 games to have 12 10-hit games last season. They have played just 32 this year.
Houck, Lavy Lead Black Past Gold, 6-4
Freshman pitcher Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) was excellent on Saturday afternoon (Oct. 18),...
Gold Bats Past Black for 5-3 Win
Team Gold's pitching led the way to the team's second consecutive win, as they held Black to just...
Mizzou Baseball to Help Puppies in 2015
The Mizzou baseball team has partnered with the Puppies With Purpose program for the 2015 season ...
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP