March 28, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Auburn, 8-2, and has won four straight, including six of the last seven games.
- The win clinches the series for Mizzou, its first series win over a ranked opponent since May 6, 2012, when Mizzou took two of three from No. 25 Texas. It is also the Tigers' first series win on the road over a ranked opponent since 2009.
- The series win snaps a streak of five consecutive series won by Auburn, dating back to last season.
- The Tigers are now 8-1 in night games this season.
- The win now ties the all-time series between he and Auburn skipper Sunny Golloway at 16 wins apiece.
- Eric Anderson led off the game with a double in the top of the first. It was the ninth time that he has reached base to open a game since switching to the leadoff spot 16 games ago. Three of the nine times that he has reached have been extra-base hits as well (two doubles, triple). He tallied three doubles in the game.
- Anderson is the first Tiger hitter with three doubles in a game since Dane Opel had three vs. Baylor on April 4, 2010.
- With a one-out single in the third inning, Logan Pearson extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger this season. He has reached base safely in seven consecutive games as well.
- Mizzou tagged Auburn starter Keegan Thompson for season-highs in hits (seven) and runs (two). He had not allowed more than five hits in a start this season and led the nation in hits per nine innings at 3.5 entering the start and was limiting opponents to .118 hitting. The Tigers also walked four times off of Thompson, also the most he has allowed in his career.
- Mizzou tallied 10 or more hits for the ninth time this season on Friday night.
- Shane Segovia tallied a single in the ninth, extending his streak to 19 consecutive games reaching base, the longest such streak by a Tiger this season.
Mizzou Baseball Falls to UAPB, 8-3
Mizzou baseball dropped an 8-3 decision to Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Tuesday afternoon (March 24) at...
Mizzou Baseball Adjusts Tuesday Schedule
In hopes of beating the forecasted rain, Mizzou baseball will now play UAPB at 3 p.m. at Taylor...
No. 23 Mizzou Closes Seven-Game Homestand with ...
Mizzou sits atop the SEC East standings at 5-1 and heads into this week with an 18-6...
Mizzou's McClain Earns Co-SEC Pitcher of...
Mizzou junior righty Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) has been named Co-SEC Pitcher of the Week, as...
Mizzou Drops Series Finale Against No. 6 South ...
South Carolina used dominant pitching and crisp defensive play to edge Mizzou, 7-5, on Sunday (Ma...
Mizzou Walks Off to Clinch Series Over No. 6...
Mizzou baseball came from behind twice, including a two-run rally in the 10th inning capped by...
McClain, Mizzou Take Series Opener From No. 6...
Mizzou baseball improved to 17-5 and 4-0 in the SEC as it defeated No. 6 South Carolina, 3-2, on ...
SEC East Showdown: Mizzou vs. South Carolina...
At 16-5 to open 2015, Mizzou is off to its best 21-game start since 2008 when the team won...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP