March 28, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Auburn, 8-2, and has won four straight, including six of the last seven games.
- The win clinches the series for Mizzou, its first series win over a ranked opponent since May 6, 2012, when Mizzou took two of three from No. 25 Texas. It is also the Tigers' first series win on the road over a ranked opponent since 2009.
- The series win snaps a streak of five consecutive series won by Auburn, dating back to last season.
- The Tigers are now 8-1 in night games this season.
- The win now ties the all-time series between he and Auburn skipper Sunny Golloway at 16 wins apiece.
- Eric Anderson led off the game with a double in the top of the first. It was the ninth time that he has reached base to open a game since switching to the leadoff spot 16 games ago. Three of the nine times that he has reached have been extra-base hits as well (two doubles, triple). He tallied three doubles in the game.
- Anderson is the first Tiger hitter with three doubles in a game since Dane Opel had three vs. Baylor on April 4, 2010.
- With a one-out single in the third inning, Logan Pearson extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger this season. He has reached base safely in seven consecutive games as well.
- Mizzou tagged Auburn starter Keegan Thompson for season-highs in hits (seven) and runs (two). He had not allowed more than five hits in a start this season and led the nation in hits per nine innings at 3.5 entering the start and was limiting opponents to .118 hitting. The Tigers also walked four times off of Thompson, also the most he has allowed in his career.
- Mizzou tallied 10 or more hits for the ninth time this season on Friday night.
- Shane Segovia tallied a single in the ninth, extending his streak to 19 consecutive games reaching base, the longest such streak by a Tiger this season.
Mizzou Falls in Regular Season Finale to...
Mizzou baseball dropped its regular season finale, 8-2, to Kentucky on Saturday afternoon (May 16...
No. 7 Mizzou Advances With 5-1 Win Over South...
Junior righty Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) was brilliant as seventh-seeded Mizzou baseball topped...
Mizzou's Offense Slowed by Kentucky in...
Kentucky starter Zack Brown tossed a complete-game shutout as the Wildcats took game one from...
Williams, Houck, Harris Earn SEC Honors
Mizzou baseball had three players honored by the Southeastern Conference on Monday (May 18) as...
No. 7 Mizzou Opens SEC Tournament With No. 10...
Mizzou has earned the No. 7 overall seed at this week's SEC Tournament, its highest-ever finish...
Mizzou's Jake Ivory Named to SEC Community ...
Mizzou senior OF Jake Ivory (St. Charles, Mo.) has been named to the 2015 SEC Baseball Community ...
FEATURE: Hunter Mense Transforms Mizzou's...
A student of the game himself, first-year hitting coach Hunter Mense has always soaked up...
No. 1 LSU Rallies Past No. 21 Tigers in Sunday ...
No. 21 Mizzou baseball jumped out to a 3-0 lead on a three-run, first-inning homer from junior...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP