March 28, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Auburn, 8-2, and has won four straight, including six of the last seven games.
- The win clinches the series for Mizzou, its first series win over a ranked opponent since May 6, 2012, when Mizzou took two of three from No. 25 Texas. It is also the Tigers' first series win on the road over a ranked opponent since 2009.
- The series win snaps a streak of five consecutive series won by Auburn, dating back to last season.
- The Tigers are now 8-1 in night games this season.
- The win now ties the all-time series between he and Auburn skipper Sunny Golloway at 16 wins apiece.
- Eric Anderson led off the game with a double in the top of the first. It was the ninth time that he has reached base to open a game since switching to the leadoff spot 16 games ago. Three of the nine times that he has reached have been extra-base hits as well (two doubles, triple). He tallied three doubles in the game.
- Anderson is the first Tiger hitter with three doubles in a game since Dane Opel had three vs. Baylor on April 4, 2010.
- With a one-out single in the third inning, Logan Pearson extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger this season. He has reached base safely in seven consecutive games as well.
- Mizzou tagged Auburn starter Keegan Thompson for season-highs in hits (seven) and runs (two). He had not allowed more than five hits in a start this season and led the nation in hits per nine innings at 3.5 entering the start and was limiting opponents to .118 hitting. The Tigers also walked four times off of Thompson, also the most he has allowed in his career.
- Mizzou tallied 10 or more hits for the ninth time this season on Friday night.
- Shane Segovia tallied a single in the ninth, extending his streak to 19 consecutive games reaching base, the longest such streak by a Tiger this season.
Word on the Tweet: #MizzouMade Scherzer Tosses ...
It has been quite a week for #MizzouMade hurler Max Scherzer, the ace of Major League Baseball's ...
Three Tigers Taken On Final Day of 2015 MLB Draft
Mizzou baseball saw three more players taken during the final day of the Major League Baseball...
Mizzou's Williams, Fairbanks Drafted on Day...
Mizzou baseball saw two if its junior pitchers drafted during day two of the Major League...
Mizzou Baseball - Summer Ball Update
As the summer months hit full swing, it is time to start looking at where the Mizzou baseball...
Mizzou, Tim Jamieson Reach Three-Year Agreement
The University of Missouri and Head Baseball Coach Tim Jamieson have reached an agreement, as...
Mizzou's Houck Named Louisville Slugger...
Mizzou baseball righty Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) has been named a Louisville Slugger...
Mizzou Baseball in the Pros
With the summer months upon us, its time to check in on our Mizzou Baseball alums playing in...
Mizzou's Trey Harris Lands on SEC All-Tournamen...
Mizzou freshman outfielder Trey Harris (Powder Springs, Ga.) was named to the 2015 SEC All-Tourna...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP