March 28, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Auburn, 8-2, and has won four straight, including six of the last seven games.
- The win clinches the series for Mizzou, its first series win over a ranked opponent since May 6, 2012, when Mizzou took two of three from No. 25 Texas. It is also the Tigers' first series win on the road over a ranked opponent since 2009.
- The series win snaps a streak of five consecutive series won by Auburn, dating back to last season.
- The Tigers are now 8-1 in night games this season.
- The win now ties the all-time series between he and Auburn skipper Sunny Golloway at 16 wins apiece.
- Eric Anderson led off the game with a double in the top of the first. It was the ninth time that he has reached base to open a game since switching to the leadoff spot 16 games ago. Three of the nine times that he has reached have been extra-base hits as well (two doubles, triple). He tallied three doubles in the game.
- Anderson is the first Tiger hitter with three doubles in a game since Dane Opel had three vs. Baylor on April 4, 2010.
- With a one-out single in the third inning, Logan Pearson extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger this season. He has reached base safely in seven consecutive games as well.
- Mizzou tagged Auburn starter Keegan Thompson for season-highs in hits (seven) and runs (two). He had not allowed more than five hits in a start this season and led the nation in hits per nine innings at 3.5 entering the start and was limiting opponents to .118 hitting. The Tigers also walked four times off of Thompson, also the most he has allowed in his career.
- Mizzou tallied 10 or more hits for the ninth time this season on Friday night.
- Shane Segovia tallied a single in the ninth, extending his streak to 19 consecutive games reaching base, the longest such streak by a Tiger this season.
No. 14 Mizzou Drops Saturday Contest at No. 8...
No. 14 Mizzou baseball dropped game two of its series at No. 8 Vanderbilt, 12-2, on Saturday...
Top-15 Showdown Between In-State Rivals On Tap ...
Through 40 games, Mizzou has found itself tied atop the SEC East and ranked in all of the major...
No. 14 Mizzou Drops Series Opener at No. 8...
No. 14 Mizzou baseball dropped its series-opener with No. 8 Vanderbilt, 9-2, on Friday night (Apr...
No. 18 Tigers Move Into First in SEC East With ...
No. 18 Mizzou (26-14, 12-6) took advantage of strong pitching performances from Tanner Houck (Col...
No. 18 Tigers Tackle the Tide, 4-3
No. 18 Mizzou Baseball (25-13, 11-6) defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide (19-17, 6-10), 4-3, on...
Mizzou, Alabama Alter Weekend Schedule
Due to expected inclement weather, No. 18 Mizzou baseball has rescheduled Sunday's series finale ...
Mizzou Baseball Fan Primer: No. 18 Mizzou vs....
No. 18 Mizzou baseball continues its five-game homestand with a three-game series against Alabama...
No. 18 Tigers Host Alabama This Weekend at...
At 10-5 in SEC play, the Tigers are in sole possession of second place in the SEC East, trailing ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP