March 28, 2014
- Mizzou now leads the all-time series with Auburn, 8-2, and has won four straight, including six of the last seven games.
- The win clinches the series for Mizzou, its first series win over a ranked opponent since May 6, 2012, when Mizzou took two of three from No. 25 Texas. It is also the Tigers' first series win on the road over a ranked opponent since 2009.
- The series win snaps a streak of five consecutive series won by Auburn, dating back to last season.
- The Tigers are now 8-1 in night games this season.
- The win now ties the all-time series between he and Auburn skipper Sunny Golloway at 16 wins apiece.
- Eric Anderson led off the game with a double in the top of the first. It was the ninth time that he has reached base to open a game since switching to the leadoff spot 16 games ago. Three of the nine times that he has reached have been extra-base hits as well (two doubles, triple). He tallied three doubles in the game.
- Anderson is the first Tiger hitter with three doubles in a game since Dane Opel had three vs. Baylor on April 4, 2010.
- With a one-out single in the third inning, Logan Pearson extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger this season. He has reached base safely in seven consecutive games as well.
- Mizzou tagged Auburn starter Keegan Thompson for season-highs in hits (seven) and runs (two). He had not allowed more than five hits in a start this season and led the nation in hits per nine innings at 3.5 entering the start and was limiting opponents to .118 hitting. The Tigers also walked four times off of Thompson, also the most he has allowed in his career.
- Mizzou tallied 10 or more hits for the ninth time this season on Friday night.
- Shane Segovia tallied a single in the ninth, extending his streak to 19 consecutive games reaching base, the longest such streak by a Tiger this season.
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Mizzou Baseball Opens Fall World Series Wednesday
Mizzou baseball will open its annual Fall World Series tomorrow (Oct. 8) at Taylor Stadium at 6 p...
Mizzou Baseball Hires Hunter Mense as Hitting...
Mizzou head baseball coach Tim Jamieson has announced that Mizzou graduate and former Tiger All-A...
Mizzou Baseball's Recruiting Class Ranks...
The Mizzou baseball program has the nation's No. 31 recruiting class as Collegiate Baseball...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP