March 21, 2014
- The all-time series between Mizzou and Ole Miss is now knotted at 5-5 and the Rebels have won the last two games in the series.
- Mizzou falls 1-5 in one-run games this season.
- Eric Anderson walked to leadoff the game as he has now reached base safely in 14 consecutive games. That is the second-longest streak by a Tiger this season.
- Kendall Keeton tallied an infield hit in the top of the first inning, extending his hitting streak to four consecutive games.
- After not allowing a homer all season, Ole Miss touched up Tiger starter for three two homers in the bottom of the first inning.
- Shane Segovia tallied an infield hit off the glove of the first baseman to lead off the fourth inning, extending his hitting streak to eight consecutive games. That tis longest hitting streak of the season for any Tiger batter.
- Keaton Steele tallied his third double of the season to leadoff the fifth inning, doing so in just 19 ABs at the time of the double. It was just the second double of the season allowed by Ole Miss starter Chris Ellis.
- John Miles, in a short-notice start, gutted through a career-best 7.1 IP with five strikeouts, the second-most of his career. After getting the nod to start 30 minutes before the game after Brett Graves took an errant throw to the head during warm-ups, he allowed three of his four runs and three of his eight hits in the first inning as he settled in and shut down the Rebels over the next 6.1 IP. He was tagged with the loss as he is now 2-2 on the season.
- Josh Lester and Kendall Keeton ripped back-to-back doubles in the eighth inning to score a run. Keeton then scored on a single by Segovia. The two runs are the first runs charged to Ole Miss reliever Wyatt Short this season in nine appearances.
Quick Start Fuels a 9-3 Mizzou Win Over...
The Tigers scored eight runs in the first three innings to take a commanding lead and eventually ...
Mizzou Baseball Falls to UAPB, 8-3
Mizzou baseball dropped an 8-3 decision to Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Tuesday afternoon (March 24) at...
Mizzou Baseball Adjusts Tuesday Schedule
In hopes of beating the forecasted rain, Mizzou baseball will now play UAPB at 3 p.m. at Taylor...
No. 23 Mizzou Closes Seven-Game Homestand with ...
Mizzou sits atop the SEC East standings at 5-1 and heads into this week with an 18-6...
Mizzou's McClain Earns Co-SEC Pitcher of...
Mizzou junior righty Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) has been named Co-SEC Pitcher of the Week, as...
Mizzou Drops Series Finale Against No. 6 South ...
South Carolina used dominant pitching and crisp defensive play to edge Mizzou, 7-5, on Sunday (Ma...
Mizzou Walks Off to Clinch Series Over No. 6...
Mizzou baseball came from behind twice, including a two-run rally in the 10th inning capped by...
McClain, Mizzou Take Series Opener From No. 6...
Mizzou baseball improved to 17-5 and 4-0 in the SEC as it defeated No. 6 South Carolina, 3-2, on ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP