March 21, 2014
- The all-time series between Mizzou and Ole Miss is now knotted at 5-5 and the Rebels have won the last two games in the series.
- Mizzou falls 1-5 in one-run games this season.
- Eric Anderson walked to leadoff the game as he has now reached base safely in 14 consecutive games. That is the second-longest streak by a Tiger this season.
- Kendall Keeton tallied an infield hit in the top of the first inning, extending his hitting streak to four consecutive games.
- After not allowing a homer all season, Ole Miss touched up Tiger starter for three two homers in the bottom of the first inning.
- Shane Segovia tallied an infield hit off the glove of the first baseman to lead off the fourth inning, extending his hitting streak to eight consecutive games. That tis longest hitting streak of the season for any Tiger batter.
- Keaton Steele tallied his third double of the season to leadoff the fifth inning, doing so in just 19 ABs at the time of the double. It was just the second double of the season allowed by Ole Miss starter Chris Ellis.
- John Miles, in a short-notice start, gutted through a career-best 7.1 IP with five strikeouts, the second-most of his career. After getting the nod to start 30 minutes before the game after Brett Graves took an errant throw to the head during warm-ups, he allowed three of his four runs and three of his eight hits in the first inning as he settled in and shut down the Rebels over the next 6.1 IP. He was tagged with the loss as he is now 2-2 on the season.
- Josh Lester and Kendall Keeton ripped back-to-back doubles in the eighth inning to score a run. Keeton then scored on a single by Segovia. The two runs are the first runs charged to Ole Miss reliever Wyatt Short this season in nine appearances.
Houck, Lavy Lead Black Past Gold, 6-4
Freshman pitcher Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) was excellent on Saturday afternoon (Oct. 18),...
Gold Bats Past Black for 5-3 Win
Team Gold's pitching led the way to the team's second consecutive win, as they held Black to just...
Mizzou Baseball to Help Puppies in 2015
The Mizzou baseball team has partnered with the Puppies With Purpose program for the 2015 season ...
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP