March 21, 2014
- The all-time series between Mizzou and Ole Miss is now knotted at 5-5 and the Rebels have won the last two games in the series.
- Mizzou falls 1-5 in one-run games this season.
- Eric Anderson walked to leadoff the game as he has now reached base safely in 14 consecutive games. That is the second-longest streak by a Tiger this season.
- Kendall Keeton tallied an infield hit in the top of the first inning, extending his hitting streak to four consecutive games.
- After not allowing a homer all season, Ole Miss touched up Tiger starter for three two homers in the bottom of the first inning.
- Shane Segovia tallied an infield hit off the glove of the first baseman to lead off the fourth inning, extending his hitting streak to eight consecutive games. That tis longest hitting streak of the season for any Tiger batter.
- Keaton Steele tallied his third double of the season to leadoff the fifth inning, doing so in just 19 ABs at the time of the double. It was just the second double of the season allowed by Ole Miss starter Chris Ellis.
- John Miles, in a short-notice start, gutted through a career-best 7.1 IP with five strikeouts, the second-most of his career. After getting the nod to start 30 minutes before the game after Brett Graves took an errant throw to the head during warm-ups, he allowed three of his four runs and three of his eight hits in the first inning as he settled in and shut down the Rebels over the next 6.1 IP. He was tagged with the loss as he is now 2-2 on the season.
- Josh Lester and Kendall Keeton ripped back-to-back doubles in the eighth inning to score a run. Keeton then scored on a single by Segovia. The two runs are the first runs charged to Ole Miss reliever Wyatt Short this season in nine appearances.
Mizzou Notebook - Summer Ball Update
As we approach the final weeks of summer ball, Mizzou baseball players have made been making...
Mizzou in the Minors
While Mizzou baseball is busy with summer camps and workouts, they are also keeping an eye on...
Mizzou Baseball Announces 20th Bullpen Scramble
The Mizzou baseball program will host the 20th annual Tiger Bullpen Scramble on Friday, Sept. 12,...
Mizzou Baseball Announces Hitting Experience
Mizzou baseball has announced the Mizzou Hitting Experience, a brand new competitive learning...
Mizzou's Scherzer Earns MLB All-Star Game Win
A year after starting the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and winning the American League Cy ...
Former Mizzou Standout Kinsler Named AL All-Star
Former Mizzou baseball standout Ian Kinsler has been named to the American League All-Star Game...
Tigers in the Pros: July 11
Mizzou alumni have performed very well in the last week of play around the MLB. Max Scherzer...
Mizzou Summerball Notebook
As the mid-season of the summer leagues has come and gone, Mizzou baseball players look to make...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP