March 21, 2014
- The all-time series between Mizzou and Ole Miss is now knotted at 5-5 and the Rebels have won the last two games in the series.
- Mizzou falls 1-5 in one-run games this season.
- Eric Anderson walked to leadoff the game as he has now reached base safely in 14 consecutive games. That is the second-longest streak by a Tiger this season.
- Kendall Keeton tallied an infield hit in the top of the first inning, extending his hitting streak to four consecutive games.
- After not allowing a homer all season, Ole Miss touched up Tiger starter for three two homers in the bottom of the first inning.
- Shane Segovia tallied an infield hit off the glove of the first baseman to lead off the fourth inning, extending his hitting streak to eight consecutive games. That tis longest hitting streak of the season for any Tiger batter.
- Keaton Steele tallied his third double of the season to leadoff the fifth inning, doing so in just 19 ABs at the time of the double. It was just the second double of the season allowed by Ole Miss starter Chris Ellis.
- John Miles, in a short-notice start, gutted through a career-best 7.1 IP with five strikeouts, the second-most of his career. After getting the nod to start 30 minutes before the game after Brett Graves took an errant throw to the head during warm-ups, he allowed three of his four runs and three of his eight hits in the first inning as he settled in and shut down the Rebels over the next 6.1 IP. He was tagged with the loss as he is now 2-2 on the season.
- Josh Lester and Kendall Keeton ripped back-to-back doubles in the eighth inning to score a run. Keeton then scored on a single by Segovia. The two runs are the first runs charged to Ole Miss reliever Wyatt Short this season in nine appearances.
Mizzou Moves UIC Series to Millington, Tennessee
Mizzou baseball has announced that this weekend's series with UIC has been moved to the former...
Mizzou Baseball Cancels Home-Opening Weekend...
Mizzou baseball has cancelled its home-opening series, scheduled for this weekend at Taylor...
Mizzou's McClain Earns SEC Pitcher of the...
Mizzou junior RHP Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) was named SEC Pitcher of the Week on Monday (Feb. ...
Triple Play Preserves Mizzou's 1-0 Win Over...
Mizzou baseball turned a bases-loaded, 5-2-3-2 triple play in the bottom of the sixth inning to...
Mizzou Homers Past Texas A&M Corpus Christi...
Mizzou baseball got homers from Brett Bond (St. Louis, Mo.) and Case Munson (St. Charles, Mo.)...
Brett Bond's Walk-Off Homer Backs Sensational...
Freshman Brett Bond (St. Louis, Mo.) hit his first career home run in the bottom of the ninth...
Mizzou Suffers First Loss of the Season at...
Mizzou baseball suffered its first setback of the season, falling to 4-1 on the year as Texas A&M...
Mizzou Baseball Takes Winning Streak to Corpus ...
At 4-0, Mizzou is off to its best start in more than a decade as it has won its first four...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP