- Was the Tigers' top arm all season long, posting a 3.80 ERA in 17 starts, spanning 109.0 innings.
- Boasted 76 strikeouts against just 31 walks while compiling a 5-5 record in his sophomore season in which he was again the Tigers' Friday night starter.
- Was named Big 12 Pitcher of the Week on April 30 after his lights-out performance in the series opener at Texas Tech in which he tossed a complete game shutout of the Red Raiders, striking out five and allowing just seven hits on 112 pitches.
- He was the first Tiger since Kyle Gibson to throw a complete game shutout in conference play since Kyle Gibson did so in 2009.
- Struck out a career-best 12 in a dominating start against Oklahoma State, helping the Tigers to a 2-1 win over the Cowboys at Taylor Stadium - he allowed just one earned run in that start as well.
- Allowed just five hits and an earned run while striking out six in a 13-4 win over Kansas State on April 20.
- Shutout Texas in the Big 12 Tournament opener, allowing just five hits over 8.1 dominant innings, helping the Tigers to a 5-0 win.
- Started the Big 12 Championship game as well, allowing just four runs on three day's rest.
- Was also very good in the Tigers' NCAA Regional win over New Mexico State, allowing just two earned runs while striking out five over 6.0 innings in a 6-2 win over the Aggies.
- In all, made three starts in the postseason, all within a span of 11 days.
- The Tigers won nine of his 17 starts in 2012, including all three of his starts in postseason play.
Compiled a 4.33 ERA in 16 games (15 starts) for the Tigers in 2011 while posting a 2-5 record en-route to earning All-Big 12 Freshman Team honors.
His 87.1 innings pitched were second-best on the team to only Matt Stites in 2011.
Boasted a 70-27 strikeout-walk ratio on the season.
Emerged as the Tigers' Friday night starter midway through the season.
Had a great start at Charlotte (4/26), throwing 6.1 innings and while allowing just one earned run and striking out three.
Tallied a career-best eight strikeouts in his first career Friday night start against Le Moyne (3/11) and allowed just three earned runs in 7.1 innings pitched.
Threw a career-high 8.0 shutout innings against Oklahoma while matching his career-best with eight strikeouts (3/25).
Threw 7.2 innings and allowed just two earned runs while striking out with at Oklahoma State (4/8).
Had another good start against Texas A&M (5/1), giving up just two earned over 5.1 innings while striking out seven.
Shut down Oklahoma State again in the Big 12 Tournament (5/26), allowing just two earned runs over 7.0 innings while striking out seven.
Compiled a record of 26-4 with an 0.71 ERA ad 299 strikeouts for Calallen High School in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Was 17-1 with a 0.20 ERA and 198 strikeouts in his senior season.
Named all-state in 2010 and was a second team All-American.
Was the All-South Texas Pitcher of the Year in 2010.
Selected an all-district pitcher in 2009.
Also had a career batting average of .401 with 14 home runs and 88 RBI.
Team won the state championship in 2008 and was the state runner-up in 2010.
Born March 26, 1992 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Son of James and Sandra Zastryzny.
Is majoring in business administration at MU.