Missouri Baseball vs. Illinois - Busch Stadium, St. Louis - April 11, 2012
- Hit .214 in 32 games, starting 24, as he had 18 hits in 84 at-bats with a double and a homer.
- Drove in 10 runs and scored nine more while walking nine times.
- Had three RBI against Truman State (3/13), going 1-for-1 with a run, and the three RBI in the game were a season-best.
- Went 2-for-2 with a pair of runs scored after coming off the bench in Mizzou's 9-7 loss at Alabama (5/10).
- Homered in the second game of the Alabama series (3/11) and then closed that series going 2-for-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Scored two runs in the series opener against Kentucky (5/16), going 1-for-3 with a walk in Mizzou's 4-2 win.
- Hit a team-best .312 in 189 at-bats while driving in 29 runs and scoring 25 more.
- Tallied 11 extra-base hits with a pair of home runs and eight doubles.
- Was third on the team with a .380 on-base percentage.
- Had a four-hit game at Texas Tech, scoring one run and driving in another while going 4-for-5 on the day.
- Went 2-for-3 with his first home run of the season in a May 5 win over Texas as he scored two runs and drove in another in the win.
- Hit his second homer of the season in a 9-1 win over Memphis at Taylor Stadium.
- Was impressive in the postseason, hitting a team-high .417 with six RBI and two runs in seven postseason games (four Big 12 Tournament, three NCAA Regional).
- Had a perfect fielding percentage as one of the Tigers' primary outfielders.
Started 26 games for the Tigers in 2011 and hit .304 with 15 RBI and 12 runs scored.
Boasted the team's top fielding percentage at .996 with just one error and 235 putouts on the year.
Had one home run and a pair of doubles in 2011 as he slugged .353 on the year.
Boasted an OBP of .377 as he drew three walks and was hit by nine pitches.
Was a perfect 2-2 in the stolen base department in 2011.
Went 1-4 with a run scored and two RBI and his only home run of the season at Charlotte (2/27).
Went 1-4 with two RBI and a run scored against Central Michigan (3/20).
Had a great game against Central Arkansas (3/22) as he tallied three hits while driving in three runs and scoring another.
Had a two-run, pinch hit single at Texas (4/2).
Played with the Mankato Moon Dogs over the summer and hit .233 in 16 games, driving in 12 runs with one home run on the summer.
Had a double against Boston College on Feb. 28 in his first collegiate game.
Was 2-for-3 with one RBI and two runs scored vs. Missouri State on May 4.
Named first team all-state in both his junior and seniors seasons at Parkway South High School in St. Louis ... Was the Suburban West Conference Player of the Year last year and was the runner-up for the award in 2008 ... Was a three-time all-conference first team selection ... Earned all-metro first team honors in 2009 ... Named to the all-metro second team in 2008 ... Was an all-metro honorable mention selection in 2007 ... Hit .545 with 10 homer and 44 RBI last season ... Finished with a career average of .482 with 13 home runs and 74 RBI ... Was also a kicker and punter for the PSHS football team, earning all-state honors as a punter in his senior year ... Named to the honor roll all four years and was a member of the National Honors Society.
Born June 24, 1991, in Manchester, Mo. ... Son of David and Patricia Sommerfeld ... Is majoring in business marketing with a minor in spanish at MU ... Sister, Amy, graduated from Mizzou in 2007 ... Sister, Melissa, plays softball at Quincy University.