- Hit .313 as the Tigers' back-up catcher, earning three starts and playing in 12 total games.
- Scored five runs and drove in three more while totaling five hits in 16 at-bats last season.
- Showed an ability to hit in pressure situations, going 3-for-5 with runners on base while going just 2-of-11 with the bases empty and was 2-for-3 with runners in scoring position.
- Went 2-for-2 with three runs and a pair of walks in a 21-5 win over North Dakota.
- Went 1-for-1 with an RBI in a 6-3 loss at Arkansas.
Played for head coach Larry Hughes at Southlake Carroll High School and hit .439 with six home runs and 49 RBI while tallying 15 doubles.
Guided Southlake Carroll to a 29-8 overall record and a Regional Quarterfinals appearance.
Also helped Southlake Carroll claim a District 7-5a Championship.
Named the District 7-5a Co-Most Valuable Player.
Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association All-State third team selection in 2011.
North Texas All-Star Game Most Valuable Player in 2011.
Star-Telegram Baseball Super Team selection in 2011.
National Honors Society in all four years during high school.
Son of Jose and Ana Quintanilla and was born on Feb. 2, 1993 in West Covina, Calif.
Plans to major in either business marketing or business finance while at Mizzou.
Attended the same high school as former Mizzou Heisman Trophy finalist and current New Orleans Saints quarterback Chase Daniel.
Enjoys playing ping pong and beach volleyball in his spare time.
Fluent in Spanish in addition to English.