- Went 8-2 in his senior season with a 1.77 ERA and 86 strikeouts while batting .385 with six home runs and 46 RBI in his senior season at Putnam City North High School under the direction of Rod Richardson.
- Finished his high school career with a 28-8 overall record on the mound while hitting .360 in his career with 15 homers.
- First team All-Big City by the Daily Oklahoman in his senior season and was a four-year varsity starter.
- Male Athlete of the Year recipient at Putnam City North in his senior season.
- Also played football and was a first team All-State honoree by the Oklahoma Coaches Association.
- Tied with current St. Louis Rams starting quarterback and former No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick Sam Bradford for the most career passing yardage record at Putnam City North High School.
- Named to the Perfect Game West Region honorable mention team in 2011 and was a Perfect Game 2010 Underclass honorable mention.
- Member of National Honors Society after posting a 3.80 GPA in his four years of high school.
- Went 4-0 on the mound last season while boasting a 1.58 ERA while guiding Hutchinson Community College to a 40-18 overall record and a regional finalist finish under the direction of head coach Kyle Crookes.
- Broke or tied four pitching records while at Hutchinson and was an All-Jayhawk Conference honorable mention pick after guiding the team to a West Division Championship.
- Member of the Deans Honor Roll after posting a 3.60 GPA at Hutchinson.
- Born Sept. 22, 1992, to parents Jeff and Christine James in Oklahoma City.
- Plans to major in communications while at Mizzou.
- Younger brother, Carson, also plays baseball.