- Tied for the regular season Big 12 lead with 11 home runs while hitting .283 and slugging a team-best .522.
- Drove in a team-high 46 runs while scoring 39 more.
- Had 25 extra-base hits on the season in 205 at-bats with 12 doubles, two triples and his 11 home runs.
- Walked 23 times in 2012 to help him build a .372 on-base percentage.
- Named Big 12 Player of the Week following the opening week of the season after hitting .500 with a pair of home runs, four RBI and two runs scored in the Tigers' series win at Auburn.
- Went 3-for-4 with a pair of home runs and four RBI in the middle game of the Auburn series, helping Mizzou to a 6-4 win in that game.
- Turned in a three-hit game in the series-opener at Texas A&M, going 3-for-4 with a double and a pair of runs scored in the 8-6 loss.
- Had 11 multi-RBI games, highlighted by a five RBI-game against Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament, including the game-winning, walk-off hit to give Mizzou at 12-2 run-rule victory.
Hit .209 in 35 games (starting 32) with a home run, eight RBI and 12 runs scored.
Boasted a .986 fielding percentage with just one error on the season.
Had 24 hits in 2011 and nine of them went for extra-bases, including six doubles, two triples and a home run.
Hit a home run in the Tigers' series finale at Charlotte, his first and only of the season.
Went 3-4 with two RBI and two runs scored against Central Michigan (3/20).
Went 2-4 with a double and a triple in the Tigers' series finale at Texas (4/2).
Played with the Danbury Westerners in the summer and swung a hot bat.
Had four hits, including a triple, against Washington on Feb. 20 in his first collegiate game.
Put together a six-game hitting streak between March 28-April and multiple hits in the first five games of that streak.
Was 3-for-4 with a home run, a double and had four RBI against Purdue on March 30.
Was 7-for-12 in the three-game series vs. Baylor.
Had a three-double, three-RBI performance in the final game of the Baylor series, the first three-double game at Mizzou since 2002.
Homered in the series opener with Baylor.
Had two hits in each of the first two games of the series against Oklahoma State.
Drove in three runs in game two of the April 25th doubleheader against Kansas State, including the game-winning run.
Went 2-for-6 with a double and two RBI against Texas Tech on April 30.
Homered and scored three times in the series finale with TTU.
Had hits in five-straight games between May 14-26.
Recorded two hits, both doubles, against Texas on May 22.
Went 2-for-5 in the series finale with Texas.
Hit .447 with 18 home runs and 62 RBI as a senior at Edwardsville (Ill.) High School ... Had a career average of .431 with 29 homers and 135 RBI ... Also had a 2-1 career record as a pitcher, with 2.20 ERA, 51 strikeouts and eight saves ... Was a Louisville Slugger All-American in 2008 and 2009 ... Named to the all-state first team by the Illinois Coaches Association in both his junior and senior seasons ... Was a two-time all-conference honoree ... Named all-metro first team selection in both 2008 and 2009 ... Twice was named the Alton Telegraph Player of the Year and earned the Belleville News Democrat Player of the Year in 2009 ... Team reached the state quarterfinals in 2007 and won the conference and regional titles in 2009.
Born May 22, 1991, in St. Louis, Mo. ... Son of Brad and Stephanie Opel ... Is an arts & science major at Mizzou ... Father played football for Missouri in the early 1980s ... Grandfather, Jim Barton, played basketball at Kansas State and grandfather, Jim Opel, played baseball at Louisiana Tech.