- Spent much of the season as the Tigers' Sunday starter until being shelved with elbow discomfort late in the year.
- Compiled a 4.55 ERA in 27.2 innings pitched, striking out 23 but walking 16 and giving up 34 hits.
- Won his first career start, going 4.0 innings, allowing just one hit and one earned run while striking out a career-best seven against Jackson State.
- Earned another win at Tennessee (3/23), going 5.0 innings, allowing seven hits and just one earned run while striking out five and walking none.
- Did not allow an earned run in his first five appearances.
- Was named to the2012 Rawlings/Perfect Game High School All-America Second Team.
- Highest-drafted high school player to not sign with a professional team after being selected by the Philadelphia Phillies in the second round of the MLB First Year Player Draft last summer (95th overall).
- Compiled a 5-2 overall record with a 0.90 ERA and 97 strikeouts in his senior season while guiding Adel-DeSoto-Minburn to a 19-9 overall record.
- Also hit .380 with 20 RBI in his senior season.
- Named to the 2011 Perfect Game Underclass Team and was a 2010 Perfect Game Underclass honorable mention selection.
- Rated as the No. 72 overall recruit nationally according to BaseballAmerica.com and was the cornerstone to the Tigers' 2013 recruiting class, which was dubbed No. 24 nationally by BaseballAmerica.com.
- Born March 20, 1994, to his his mother, Lora, and father, Mike, in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Plans to major in agricultural business during his time at Mizzou.