Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC)
The mission of the Life Skills program is to inspire student-athletes to continue their pursuit of excellence when the crowd stops cheering. Extensive programming is provided to enhance the overall development of student-athletes as students, citizens and athletes. The five components of the Life Skills program include: Career Development, Community Outreach, Personal Development, Academic Excellence, and Athletic Commitment.
2009-10 SAAC Meeting Dates
All meetings take place at 7:00 pm in the Student-Athlete Lounge.
- Thursday, September 3
- Thursday, September 17
- Thursday, October 1
- Thursday, October 15
- Thursday, October 29
- Thursday, November 12
- Thursday, December 3 (Social)
Stop Day is Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Spring Semester starts Tuesday, January 19, 2010
- Thursday, January 28
- Thursday, February 11
- Thursday, February 25
- Thursday, March 11
- Thursday, March 25
Spring Break is March 29-April 5
- Thursday, April 15
- Thursday, April 29
- The mission of SAAC is to “serve as medium of communication between Student-Athletes and Athletic Department Administrators as well as provide a means to improve interaction between administrators, the community, and each other.”
- SAAC is an organization made up of two student-athlete representatives from each sport as well as some at-large members.
- SAAC meets twice a month on Thursday nights and discusses issues and ideas within the world of college athletics. SAAC is often called upon by administrators to represent the student-athlete body to give feedback on new ideas.
- SAAC does many things including community service, discussion on legislation, and social functions.
- How do you become a member? Your team’s coaching staff will elect 2 members to represent your team for SAAC. If you are interested, please talk to your coaching staff!
- What is expected of me if I’m a SAAC representative? If you are a member of SAAC you are expected to come to all the meetings that your team is in town for and listen to discussions and voice your opinions when you feel they may be constructive. You may also take part in helping manage SAAC’s budget, plan the social functions, or represent SAAC in other roles.
- What can SAAC do for me? SAAC is a great organization to take part in and learn more about the ins and outs of college athletics. You can meet and get to know some administrators at Mizzou as well as acquire many great experiences that will help you in your future. Through SAAC you will develop many leadership skills that you can use for throughout the rest of your life.
2009-10 Mizzou SAAC Officers
2009-10 SAAC Representatives
- Women’s Cross Country: Angela Potrykus, Ellen Ries, Katie Vanarsdall
- Men’s Cross Country: Aaron Dixon, Tim Opfer
- Baseball: Garrison McLagan, Andre Rodriguez, Rex Meyr
- Men’s Basketball: JT Tiller, Zaire Taylor
- Women’s Basketball: Amanda Hanneman, Bekha Mills
- Football: Kurtis Gregory (Treasurer), Sean Weatherspoon
- Gymnastics: Sarah Shire, Allison Heizelman (Co-Vice President-Community Service)
- Women’s Golf: Madison Marcolla (Co-Vice President-Social), Marissa Cook, Michelle Morgan
- Men’s Golf: William Harrold, Jace Long, Brad Moody
- Soccer: Michelle Collins (Secretary), Kelsey Stokes (Co-Vice President-Social)
- Softball: Marla Schweisberger, Chelsea Thomas
- Men’s Swimming & Diving: Max Kerwick, Jordan Hawley (President)
- Women’s Swimming & Diving: Stephanie Rovig, Colleen Gordon
- Tennis: Mallory Weber, Kaitlyn Ritchie, Jamie Mera (Co-Vice President-Community Service)
- Men’s Track & Field: Nick Adcock, Jerron Forte
- Women’s Track & Field: Lana Mims, Leslie Farmer
- Wrestling: Nathan McCormick, Brent Haynes, Nick Hucke
- Volleyball: Julianna Klein, Anne Lopez, Lei Wang
- Jimmy Costello (Football)
- Andreas Plackis (Baseball)
Tigers Enjoy Record Setting Success In The...
The 2014-15 academic year at the University of Missouri has concluded, and Mizzou volleyball...
Courtney Wood Recognized on SEC Community...
COLUMBIA, Mo. - For the second time, senior Courtney Wood has been recognized by the Southeastern...
Top Shooting Guard Walton Signs with Mizzou Hoops
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced the signing of 6-3 guard K.J....
Mizzou Softball Falls in Opening Super Regional...
A powerful third inning for Mizzou Softball was not enough to hold off No. 7 UCLA in the first...
Mizzou Softball Set for UCLA Super Regional
No. 10-seed Mizzou Softall is set to face No. 7 UCLA in a best-of-three series at the Los Angeles...
No. 10 Mizzou Travels to No. 7 UCLA for...
The NCAA Tournament's No. 10 seed, Mizzou Softball will travel to Los Angeles, Calif., to take on...
Andersons Kick Off Tigers on the Prowl Charity
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson and wife, Melissa, are set to serve as campaign...
Track & Field Earns 24 NCAA Prelim Qualifiers
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Twenty-four Tigers will move onto the second stage of the 2015 outdoor post-seaso...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP