Mizzou Athletics Training Complex - Football
MIZZOU ATHLETICS TRAINING COMPLEX
The Mizzou Athletics Training Complex (MATC) is the daily home to the Tiger Football program, and gives Mizzou one of the top comprehensive training facilities in the nation. Opened in July of 2008 at a cost of $16 million, the facility registers at over 101,000 square feet of total space, almost doubling the old total of 66,000 square feet in the previous facility.
The MATC complex is a complete "one-stop shopping" spot for Tiger football student-athletes, and gives them the best of what they need to succeed in all aspects of their athletic and academic endeavors.
ONOFRIO TEAM ROOM
The Tiger Football program benefits from a state-of-the-art team meeting facility known as the Onofrio Team Room. The room is named after former Tiger coaching great Al Onofrio, and the room comfortably seats over 150 people.
The room has video, DVD and computer presentation capabilities, and features surround sound. Head Coach Gary Pinkel holds his weekly news briefing with the media each Monday afternoon from this room.
A lounge with nice amenities is available for football student-athletes to hang out in, and it is located just down the hallway from the lockerroom. It includes a television, pool table, foosball table and several comfortable couches and chairs in which to relax between classes or practices.
Contained in the Northwest portion of the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex, the University of Missouri locker room is an NFL-style locker room facility that has the capability to hold around 130 players.
The locker room gives Tiger Football players a state-of-the-art facility to use on a daily basis. A few facts about the locker room include:
- The locker room is over 7,000 square feet in size, with a ceiling height of nearly 20 feet
- The lounge in the middle of the room has a 65-inch plasma high-definition television, outfitted with an X-Box and DVD player
- The locker room has eight 30-inch plasma high-definition televisions throughout the room
- The locker room has a state-of-the-art sound system throughout
- The locker room features state-of-the-art ionic breeze filters, which will remove odor and germs from the air
- The locker room features state-of-the-art ventilation, which far exceeds the needs of the space, which translates into an area that has new air put into it on an hourly basis, eliminating odor, humidity and superior air cleaning capabilities
- Connected to the room is a shoe drying room, where each player can place their wet shoes in a drying rack and have their shoes dry and ready for the next practice
A few facts about the lockers include:
- Each locker is 3 ½-feet wide, and contains a home for every Missouri issued item
- Each locker has stainless steel mesh inserts on each side of the locker, not only for ventilation, but for unhindered communication between teammates
- Each locker has a GFI electrical outlet in it, to allow for cell phone charging, DVD players, or laptops
- Each locker has a custom designed stainless steel nameplate within it.